Friday, February 03, 2006

Insouciant highlights

Apart from the exchange recounted below, the highlight of the past 24 hours was the arrival of my bluefly shipment. There's a perpetual urge to dress like we make $2500-a-week, when we're actually living off student loans. That's why it's particularly good to get that $1500 pile of designer stuff (Miu Miu, Gucci and Zegna) for $600. It turns out that Gucci is a really, really bad brand for dress shirts. Don't get me wrong, I love the ties and the briefcases...not so much the shoes...but the dress shirts are just plain shitty. For christ's sake, I get paid to look like I know something. People who wear shitty shirts clearly don't make enough money to have a job that requires them to know anything (excepting, of course, jobs requiring the miraculous minutia known only to the medical professions). What's worse is that Bluefly prices Zegna shirts somewhat lower than their Gucci counterparts although the retail is higher. Verily, I cannot understand how folks can be so infatuated with this "brand" that doesn't have Tom Ford anymore.

addendum non sequitur
Hmm...I wonder if it's unethical to send a Photoshop-ed picture for the Firm's summer facebook; I wouldn't want people to contrast the picture with the results of the rhinoplasty I have scheduled for before I start full-time.

No comments: