Thursday, January 26, 2006

A pathetic man, thrown under a bus

Ah, the saga of Mr. Frey continues. I would have so much more fun with this but I'm just superstitious enough to maintain a healthy concern that schadenfreud might invoke one of those ironic penalties that one usually gets for hubris. So, Larry King just finished interrogating his guests as to whether they understood that "junkies lie." I really wish he could have asked Oprah that question, even in a purely rhetorical sense. I think Oprah realized the laughable obviousness of the situation. After the wonderfully snarky Smoking Gun report, the only plausible conclusion was that a junky pulled a fast one on us. The longer it takes to wrap one's head around that, the dumber one appears. Or maybe it's just that I have an unhealthy level of cynicism that even Oprah wouldn't forgive.

No comments: